Play group this weeks was at the firestation for Seth's birthday (the son of the lady that does play group)
Tucker and I were so excited.
First they showed us the inside of the firehouse. Tucker was thrilled to see that the firemen had exercise equipment. ? I don't know why he thought that that was so fantastic.
Next we got to go outside and see all of the vehicles.
We got to see the ambulance first.
They opened up all the compartments on the ambulance and showed us what was in them. I had no idea that they kept firerighting gear on the ambulance just incase they come accross a fire or a wreck that suddenly bursts into flames.
Tucker called the firemen "Firehouse boys"... and I have no idea where he got that.
Well, one of the firehouse boys lined the kids up in a row while he talked to them about the ambulance.
I have never seen kids stand in line so still in my life. They were all glued to every word he was saying.
Then we got to go inside the ambulance and look around. The fireman set all the kids down on the gurney while he showed them what was in the ambulance.
The back of one of the seats in the ambulance pulls down and converts into a car seat. My thought: why aren't all cars equiped with this feature?
Ok, back out of the ambulance. And on to look at the old fire truck.
Well not that old. They said it was a 1985 or such, and they use it as their back up engine.
They brought out an ax, as tall as Tucker... so about 36-39 inches and asked if any of the kids could pick it up. Well I guess it must be a heavy ax, either that or the other kids didn't try very hard. Tucker was watching the other kids try to lift the ax and he was getting so frustrated with them. He stood next to most of the kids and kept saying "come on, pick it up." Well after all the other kids had tried Tucker went over and said: "I Tucker Owen Clark, I strength of the bear, I pick it up." Well Tucker probably got it a foot off the ground and the fireman kept saying "ok, ok let's put it back down." Tucker gave him a funny look, I suppose Tucker was thinking ' what? put in down, you just told me to pick it up.'
At that point Kimber had had it with being held and I had to let her wander. She was very excited to check out the firetruck with the rest of the kids.
They let the kids climb on the firetruck.
Kimber, just happy she gets to touch the truck.
WHAT! Cody's here!
Cody showed up late, and while we were listening to the fireman talk Tucker could see Cody coming. Tucker went nuts and totally lost focus. "Cody's here!"
The two boys had to explore together, and Kimber tagged along.
Then we got to see the newer fireturck. It has a huge cab, and they let the kids climb inside.
Love my kids.
We had such a good morning.
Tucker, Kimber and the "firehouse boy".
I'll try to get the video of the firehouse to post later. not working so great right now.

No comments:
Post a Comment