Tuesday, October 5, 2010

First week of October

Wow, time goes by fast when you are looking back instead of forward. This past week:
Dusty studied almost every night. He had a big exam to take on Moday. I'm sure he did fine... he says he thinks he did "OK". He has a rough couple of weeks coming up, for 4-5 weeks in a row he will have 2 exams a week! Ouch.
I worked and cleaned the house. I really started to get on top of the house work... dusting, mopping... the works. I started to feel really good about it and then Wham! I go to work one night, spend the next day lounging on the cough to recover and POW! the house was a disaster again..... I think there should be a law that you are only aloud to make a mess proportional to your size... and right now my kids are way over the limit. Kimbers favorite thing is to get hold of the baby wipes or kelnexes and pull them out one by one and spread them around the house. Yay.
Tucker is still working on potty training. He does really well some days and not so good other days. I actually prefer the days he doesn't do so well. He is still wearing a diaper and that is much easier to deal with than getting up and down to help him to the bathroom 15 times a day for false alarms etc. If it wasn't socially taboo I would probably just let him wear a diaper until he could take care of everything himself. Whew... potty training.... more like parent training... and I am even taking the easy way out by letting him kind of decide when he's ready. I pitty any parent that tries to start potty training before the kids interested. What a nightmare that would be.
Kimber is walking quite welll. But she has taken on a "roar" when she starts to walk fast. I don't get it, but it cracks me up as she staggers toward you like Frankinstien with a throaty "R-O-A-R". What a duck. And the drama continues with her... in her little mind if there is any occasion to cry she is going to cry like her world has just colapsed.... I REALLY hope she grows out of that.

Well, heading toward the weekend we were able to have a little fun. Max came over to play with Tucker on Friday. Tucker loves it when Max comes over.... they share the same love for Thomas the train. It was nice to have Tuckers energy focus on someone else for a while. Saturday and Sunday we were able to watch conference... well as much as you can watch conference with two kids screaming and shouting in the background. Sunday afternoon we went over to Max's house (the Claytons) for a BBQ. It was nice to have some more adult interaction while the kids entertained themselves with Max's Thomas the train set. Kimber however was not a very happy camper come Sunday night.:( She came down with a fever Sunday. Well 24-48 hours of Tylenol and ibeuprofin and she is doing much better. 

In a few days Dave and Grandma and Grandpa Clark will be coming up to go to the WSU football game... and of course to see Tucker and Kimber. We are looking forward to that very much. I told Tucker that two grandpas were coming up and his eye became huge as if to say "Two Grandpas? No way!" so he is very excited too.

Oh and I almost forgot. My boss sent out an e-mail to the staff saying that they are going to try the proposed set schedule that the night shift came up with for work! So thank you all for your prayers! Hopefully it will go well and we will get to keep it. YAY!!!

Sorry, no pictures... still working on the camera thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment