Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The end of January

Well I am officially off of maternity leave now. I started back to work on the 22nd of January (thus the blog has been neglected). I have spent the past two weekends at work on the night shift which does weird things to me. I am actually up after midnight posting this because my sleep cycle is a little confused. I really enjoy the work I do, it's the happiest place in the hospital most of the time, and I don't know too many patients who have ever hated their labor nurse. If I didn't have children I would LOVE going to work, but as it is I really miss them when I am gone. I swear Kimber grew over the weekend and I missed it, because she seemed a lot bigger monday morning. Kimber has been doing well, she weighs about 9 pounds now I would guess. She is starting to smile and coo at us when we talk to her.
Tucker has officially hit the "Terrible two's" I think. He is very defiant and frequently tries to send me to time out. He also has picked up an annoying habit that when I ask him to do something he says "No" put's his arms in the air, let's his eyes roll back in his head and flops down on his back like he totally incapacitated- and when I try to pick him up to send him to his room he flops like jello. Now what am I supposed to do about that!? He makes me laugh though, and he amazes me every day.
Dusty is hard at work with school, and if he is overly stressed he tries not to show it. He is learning Large animal anatomy this semester and has his first exam on Thursday. He sometimes tells me what he's learning about in class... so I think he is enjoying it. Did you know that the naming and numbering system for animals teeth is based on what teeth a pig has!? Weird. I miss him a lot but we do find time to talk... mostly at late hours when we should be sleeping. He is such a good husband and father. Saturday morning when I came home from work he was sitting at the kitchen table studying, the house was clean, water was on the stove for hot chocolate, and there was an empty bowl at my place with the milk and cereal next to it. I stayed up and talked to him for a minute while I ate my cereal before escaping off to sleep while he watched the kids. He takes time to take good care of me.
I'll post more pictures later, but for now I really should got to bed. Goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, busy girl! Wanna help me in labor??? :) So glad you have a thoughtful husband to help out. I think appreciating each other like you do will get you two through anything!

    ReplyDelete